homeowners: Save up to 10% this month only! Learn More

20th Annual Race for the Cure® in Portland, OR

System Pavers joins approximately 20,000 participants in this year’s Susan G. Komen of Portland, Oregon’s Race for the Cure. Setting their mark on September 21, 2014, Design Consultants, Field Supervisors and their families will run to celebrate and support the lives of those affected by breast cancer at the Tom McCall Waterfront Park in Portland, Oregon. Funds raised by System Pavers and other participants will support the research for breast cancer and breast health. With 70 women diagnosed with breast cancer every week in Oregon, they are seeing some of the highest breast cancer rates in the country. When you join this year’s Race for the Cure, 75% of funds raised locally will stay in Oregon to save lives and providing early detection, survivor support, and advocacy to breast cancer awareness and health. The remaining 25% of funds raised will go towards national breast cancer research. Registration begins at 7 a.m. at the Tom McCall Waterfront Park located at Southwest Naito Parkway, Portland, OR 97204, with the 5k run beginning at 8:30 a.m. Visit “Survivor City” to cheer on breast cancer survivors as they cross the finishing line! For more information, please go to komenoregon.org. About Susan G. Komen Oregon & SW Washington Susan G. Komen Oregon & SW Washington is working to save lives and end breast cancer forever. We join more than two million breast cancer survivors and activists around the globe as part of the world’s largest and most progressive grassroots network fighting breast cancer. Komen has invested $30 million in Oregon and SW Washington to fund research, early detection, survivor support and advocacy. Join our promise by calling (503) 552-9160 or visiting us online at komenoregon.org.

Published Date: Aug 7, 2014

Stay In Touch

Receive outdoor living ideas and exclusive offers in your email.