Sam the Cooking Guy's Memorial Day grilled steak & lobster
Memorial Day is often dogs, burgers and potato salad – but does it have to be? How bout you elevate it a bit and bust out some steak & lobster? And trust me, no one will be disappointed….
What you'll need:
4 – 6 ounce steaks
1 Tablespoon olive oil
Kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
1/4 cup butter
2 Tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
Juice of 1 whole lemon
2 cloves garlic, chopped
4 lobster tails
- Remove steaks and tails from the fridge 30 minutes before you plan to cook
- Combine butter, thyme, mustard, lemon juice, garlic and salt in small pot over low heat until melted- keep warm
- Take lobster tails and using kitchen sheers, cut right up the middle of the shell towards the tail but not through the tail. Using this cut as your guide, take a knife to cut down through the meat and brush well with the mutter mixture. Then set aside
- Heat grill to medium/high, rub steaks with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and cook about 5 minutes. Flip and cook another 4 minutes or until desired tenderness is achieved. Remove steaks from the grill, cover with foil and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Take lobster tails and place meat-side down on grill for approximately 5-6 minutes. Flip tails over and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until done- basting of course. Serve both steak and lobster with extra butter sauce
As you enjoy your delicious meal with friends and family don't forget to take a moment of silence for all those who have fallen.