No More Wine as a Hostess Gift
Here’s the scene – you’ve been invited to a holiday party and at the last minute you remember you need a gift for your hosts. So you do what you always do, you grab a bottle of wine and throw it into one of those wine gift-bags. All well so far, but when you arrive at the house and walk up to the front door there are 3 other guests – all holding wine gift-bags. Great, and now it’s a competition for who brought the best bottle. So why not take something else, something different. And by different I don’t mean a fruit cake.
My suggestion is a really nice bottle of extra virgin olive oil. And here are my reasons:
- It’s really unlikely anyone else will bring one, and you’ll get credit for being original.
- It’s definitely not the cheap way out, because a good bottle can easily be as much as a good bottle of wine.
- It’s the season for food – so take a nice French or sour dough baguette with you
- For people who know olive oil – it will be greatly appreciated
- For people who don’t know olive oil – it will be greatly appreciated
- Just because.
So go out on a limb this holiday season and be original. Or you could always just take a bottle of wine – just don’t bring one to my house.