Today is your chance to relax - it is National Relaxation Day!
Slow down…….take a deep breath and stop and smell the roses. This is a day to wind down and take it easy. And if you have haven’t had a chance to book a massage or a lazy day at the beach, there are still many other ways to relax today.
Here is our list of a few ideas to get you started –
- Grab a good book and start a cozy fire. Turn off your phone, sign out of Facebook (but please come back and visit us) watch a beautiful sunset, escape from the hustle and bustle and just relax.
- Try some tea. Tea has been shown to lower blood pressure and alleviate stress. Take your tea out into your outdoor living space and increase the relaxation benefits of this delicious beverage by enjoying it in a beautiful location.
- Have you listened to the most relaxing song ever? (Neither had we until we did a little research on this topic.) A group of therapists and a band called Marconi Union put together song called “Weightless” which they claim to be the most relaxing sound ever. Take a listen and tell us if you agree - Sound Cloud
- Take some deep breaths while sitting outdoors. Enjoy the fragrance the flowers and the beauty of the trees. Let you mind empty and enjoy!
- Visit an aquarium or find some fish to watch. Research has shown that watching fish go by might have a lasting and stress-relieving effect.
- Visualize that you are on vacation. WebMD suggests that simply visualizing anything that keeps your thoughts away from current tensions can help you relax.
- Enjoy lounging by the pool or hanging out on a wonderful hammock……whatever helps you relax…..just go there and enjoy!
- Enjoy a glass of wine with friends in your outdoor living space. This is a sure way to relax and de-stress.
We will be relaxing today and hope you will be too with some of these ideas!